Stark County Reaches Out to Afghan Refugees
The Canton Jewish Federation is working with US Together, a Cleveland non-profit providing social services to support refugees in northeast Ohio. US Together has been sanctioned by the US Department of State to provide short and long term assistance to clients including housing, language skills, job training, health care, child care and mental health services. Stark County’s faith-based communities are joining efforts to support families and individuals during their resettlement. Please consider doing your part by donating the following items or sending a check payable to US Together Cleveland to:
Us Together 2800 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200, Cleveland OH 44115
For more information: https://www.ustogether.us/cleveland-office
- New only full/queen or twin size mattresses, box springs and bedframes
- New only pillows
- New only bathroom items, cleaning supplies and bath towel sets.
- New or gently used furniture for living rooms, bedrooms or kitchens.
- New or gently used kitchen equipment and tableware.
- New or gently used bedding for full/queen or twin size beds
- New or gently used baby items: baby/child car seats, backpacks, school supplies, tvs, radios
- Gift cards – Target, Walmart, Amazon
DROP OFF SITES:
Hartville Gift and Thrift Shoppe will accept large furniture and household items during regular operating hours. 938 W. Maple St. Hartville, OH 44632 https://www.hartvillethriftshoppe.org
Canton Jewish Federation – smaller household items. Gift cards and checks can also be dropped off or sent to: 432 30th Street, Canton, OH 44709. Accepting donations M-F (9:00AM-3:00PM) www.jewishcanton.org