For those that are comfortable reconvening in person, we are pleased to make available limited opportunities for worship and study.
All worship services will continue to be available via livestreaming – anyone who is not entirely comfortable being back together in person is encouraged to take advantage of the technology that is available to us all.
Friday Nights – as of July 18, 2021
- Shabbat evening in person and livestreaming from the large prayer space via YouTube
- Advanced sign-up required for in-person participation
- In-person attendance presently limited to 180 people (60% of total capacity)
- Sign-ups open each week, and your sign-up is confirmed via email
- Sign-up at www.templeisraelcanton.org/shabbatsignup
- You may also sign-up by calling the Temple office – 330.455.5197.
Saturday Mornings – as of July 18, 2021
- Stollen Moments Torah Study will meet in person in the library
- No advanced sign-up required
Additional outside programming may be offered at Beit Ha’am and other locations – more information to come.
What You Need to Know
- For your safety and the safety of others, we request that masks be worn inside the building
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home
- There will be no Oneg Shabbat (food/drink) until further notice
- Police officers will be present at all services to ensure the safety of everyone at the building
Why This and Why Now?
These evolving summer procedures are intended, in part, to help us prepare for the High Holy Days. As we learn how best to balance the needs and wishes of our community members responsibly and equitably, we will make adjustments. Fewer people in the building over the summer will help to determine how to manage larger groups on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
Thank you for your understanding and patience and we continue to adapt these policies and procedures.